Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Baseball victories

My son had baseball last night, and he's not an aggressive/athletic kid, so usually he holds out for walks. Well, last night he had two walks and also two hits, and he scored two runs, stole a base, did lots of stuff. It was actually fun to watch him play, which is novel to me, normally I am in pain the entire time.

One time he did mess up, he was on second base and started running with no place to go. He managed to get back to the base safely, and then in the silent sort-of-horror that ensued, because it had in fact been a traumatic two-seconds, I hear the coach's voice, loud, clear: "Stay on the base! DON'T MOVE!!"

After the game, and this was his best game ever, he comes running to me, and all he had to say was, "Look, I got snacks!"

No comments: