Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lessons learned at my college reunion

Lesson #1: The people who were nice then are still nice and the people who were snobs are still snobs. People don't change.

Corollary: Those that do change a little bit change for the better. No one gets worse. That's a bit of good news.

Lesson #2: My son doesn't mind being bored if it's just the two of us, but he doesn't like being bored with others.

Because I didn't want to pay top dollar for a hotel room, I stayed in the dorms. The bathrooms were, as they have always been, down the hall.

Lesson #3: I don't like using a bathroom down the hall.

Corollary: There's always someone else in the bathroom with you. Even at 6 in the morning, and you know these people were out drinking all night! I can't do bathroom stuff with other people in there, not anymore!!

On the other hand, my son didn't mind the bathroom situation at all. He'd announce, "I'm going to the bathroom!" Okay.

No comments: